I promise

"I promise, Suzy... Even if it takes the rest of my life." - Nancy G. Brinker, founder of Susan G. Komen for the Cure

What is Triple Negative Breast Cancer?

WHAT IS TRIPLE NEGATIVE BREAST CANCER?

Just in recent years, Triple Negative Breast Cancer has sparked interest in the news where instead of calling the tumor as ER-negative, PR-negative, and HER2-negative; researchers began using the shorthand term, "Triple Negative," dubbed the "new type" type of cancer. Being Triple Negative, you don't have a targeted therapy and that your only treatment option is chemotherapy.

Triple Negative is seen in about 15% of all breast cancers. Triple Negative is a very aggressive cancer that tends to strike younger women, pre-menopause, especially among African-American women and women who have BRCA1 mutations. The tumor tends to be fast growing and is less likely to show up on an annual mammogram. TN is more likely to metastasis early on; has a high rate of recurrence in the first 2-3 years from diagnosis and has a poorer prognosis than other types of breast cancer due to lack of specific, targeted treatment for TNBC.

Carpe diem

Seize Each new Day with Renewed Strength,
Believe in Yourself, Go forward with
Courage and faith
to face whatever Tomorrow may bring.

Chicks For Charity motto:

Enjoy life. Laugh a lot.
Work hard. Play hard.
Be thankful for our blessings.
Share the wisdom. Give back
.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Replacing Mastectomy Scars With Tattoos


For many woman, losing their breast to cancer can be very traumatic, in a sense of their femininity being replaced with scarring and discoloration of the chest. Roni Falgout, a tattoo artist does post-reconstruction tattooing that covers mastectomy surgical scars on breast cancer survivors. The beautiful feminine designed tattoo artwork has changed survivors on how they look at themselves by hiding these scars that reminded them of how they lost their breast. 




Hidden Hand Tattoo
Roni Falgout, Tattoo Artist

3516 Fremont Pl N

Seattle, WA 98103

ph: 206.632.7313




7 comments:

  1. Beautiful tatoos. You'd never know what had happened to these women by looking at these breasts (unless you've been there or know plenty of people of who have)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachel, If these tattooing make these ladies feel good about themselves, I'd say go for it, transform those battle scars into a piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I a had bilateral mastectomy in 2008 , and everyday I have to look at these scars ! It's heart wrenching ! I would love to get the tattoos , but can't find anyone to do them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.hiddenhandtattoo.com/ she posted that above, wow Melissa I do hope you are well, so brave I love the way women are empowering themselves and going the extra mile to help themselves through the battle they have endured going through breast cancer treatment. I hope you are an inspiration to all women, and thank you for sharing your story with me and many other women. I wake up and thank God for every day I live and breathe, then I see people like you and I thank God for giving you the strength to endure the battle, and wear those scars with honour because you fought a war and you won.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing well Rowan and thank you. Battle scars shows your strength, be proud of yourself and be proud of your body.

      Delete
  5. I too just had a bilateral mastectomy,and I now hate looking at myself in the mirror,even more I won't let my husband see me.Cancer takes alot from us including are self worth. I will continue to fight the battle with my head up high.I WILL WIN this battle,I am already thinking of a tattoo to cover my scares.and continue my life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Total Pageviews

Click to help fund mammograms for the uninsured

The Breast Cancer Site

Click to join me in support group

Inspire health and wellness support groups

Triple Negative Breast Cancer Foundation

Triple Negative Breast Cancer Foundation
"click image to link"

"Click image to link"

The SCAR Project

The SCAR Project
"Click image to link"

CRABBYCARDS.COM

CRABBYCARDS.COM
"Click image to link"

Breast Cancer Awareness Body Painting Project

Breast Cancer Awareness Body Painting Project
"Click image to link"