I promise

"I promise, Suzy... Even if it takes the rest of my life." -Nancy G. Brinker, Founder of Susan G. Komen for the Cure

What is TNBC

WHAT IS TRIPLE NEGATIVE BREAST CANCER?

Just in recent years, Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) has sparked interest in the news where instead of calling the tumor as ER-negative, PR-negative, and HER2-negative; researchers began using the shorthand term, "Triple Negative," dubbed the "new type" of breast cancer. Being Triple Negative, you don't have a targeted therapy and your only treatment option is chemotherapy.

Triple Negative Breast Cancer is seen in about 15% of all breast cancers. TNBC is a very aggressive cancer that tends to strike younger women, pre-menopause, especially among African-American women and women who have BRCA1 mutations. The tumor tends to be fast growing and is less likely to show up on an annual mammogram. TNBC is more likely to metastasis early on; has a high rate of recurrence in the first 2-3 years from diagnosis and has a poorer prognosis than other types of breast cancer due to lack of specific, targeted treatment for TNBC.

Monday, October 24, 2011

Love You And Sure Gonna Miss You Kimmie! xoxo

Our Kimmie Kim 


Lost a Triple Negative Breast Cancer sister friend, Kimberley Byrd-Quarrels from our online support group on Thursday, Oct. 20, 2011. There's one thing all of us pink sisters can agree on, "Gone too Soon..."  Kimmie was an inspiration to all of us in the group, she set the bar as a "fighter" as she fought so hard to this bitter end of her battle. Kimmie, we are all just so stunned by your passing, but we understand that you longed to be free from all your pain. 


I was just recalling our last messages you left for me and to our group just a week ago prior... I'm gonna share our conversation to show how strong and beautiful you were...


 ·
    • Checking in on you, hope they get your pain under control for you.                        
      Miss you in TNBC xoxox
       October 12 at 9:23pm 
      Kimmie Kim I'm getting new meds today- in my Donna Summer voice "this is my last chance - Last Chance for Love" ---- doesn't match the issue but its the song - lol- I'm praying it eases up- that's all I want
      October 13 at 1:17pm  



      • Just wanted to say Hello to everyone in the group! It has been a World Wind experience as I'm sure for all off us! My biggest issue is I haven't had a bowl movement in over 2weeks, in hospital twice, and has fallen twice - TWO much to take (lol) but I'm hanging in there- Ladies I don't know how much I have left - I'm overwhelmed!

        Love You All - ♥

Total Pageviews



"click image to link"