I promise

"I promise, Suzy... Even if it takes the rest of my life." - Nancy G. Brinker, founder of Susan G. Komen for the Cure

What is Triple Negative Breast Cancer?


Just in recent years, Triple Negative Breast Cancer has sparked interest in the news where instead of calling the tumor as ER-negative, PR-negative, and HER2-negative; researchers began using the shorthand term, "Triple Negative," dubbed the "new type" type of cancer. Being Triple Negative, you don't have a targeted therapy and that your only treatment option is chemotherapy.

Triple Negative is seen in about 15% of all breast cancers. Triple Negative is a very aggressive cancer that tends to strike younger women, pre-menopause, especially among African-American women and women who have BRCA1 mutations. The tumor tends to be fast growing and is less likely to show up on an annual mammogram. TN is more likely to metastasis early on; has a high rate of recurrence in the first 2-3 years from diagnosis and has a poorer prognosis than other types of breast cancer due to lack of specific, targeted treatment for TNBC.

Carpe diem

Seize Each new Day with Renewed Strength,
Believe in Yourself, Go forward with
Courage and faith
to face whatever Tomorrow may bring.

Chicks For Charity motto:

Enjoy life. Laugh a lot.
Work hard. Play hard.
Be thankful for our blessings.
Share the wisdom. Give back

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Representing The Victory Center at Komen Northwest Ohio Race 2015

Leading the 5+ years pack
In a crowd of 26,000 people, 12,000 registered participants, I walked as part of The Victory Gals Team in the 22nd Annual Komen NorthWest Ohio Race for the Cure on September 27, 2015.  Besides raising awareness to breast cancer, 75% of funds raised at the event stays right in Northwest, Ohio supporting breast cancer patient services, while the other 25% raised funds National research.
This year, Komen Northwest Ohio affiliate allowed me to carry the 5 year Survivor sign leading the 5+ years Survivors in the Survivor Parade down to the start line for the 5K walk.  Thank you Mary Westphal and all the the ladies of Komen NorthWest Ohio for this great honor!

Team The Victory Center Gals

My favorite Frosty

Victory Center Gals

TNBC sisters, Diana and Melissa

with the 5+ years group

Team The Victory Center Gals

with Pink Panther

with my cousin, Tony

Team The Victory Center Gals

All us pink survivors on the infield

SO MANY INCREDIBLE STORIES OF SURVIVING: Dan Cummins spoke with several breast cancer survivors today, including those representing The Victory Center! #WTOLR4TC #WTOLRACE #RaceForTheCureWe have even more inspiring stories of hope here: http://bit.ly/1Wr0kUK
Posted by WTOL NEWS 11 on Sunday, September 27, 2015

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Total Pageviews

Click to help fund mammograms for the uninsured

The Breast Cancer Site

Click to join me in support group

Inspire health and wellness support groups

Triple Negative Breast Cancer Foundation

Triple Negative Breast Cancer Foundation
"click image to link"

"Click image to link"

The SCAR Project

The SCAR Project
"Click image to link"


"Click image to link"

Breast Cancer Awareness Body Painting Project

Breast Cancer Awareness Body Painting Project
"Click image to link"